Sec. 514.12 Control of Forms IAP-66.
Forms IAP-66 shall be used only for authorized purposes. To maintain adequate control of Forms IAP-66, responsible officers or alternate responsible officers shall:
(a) Requests. Submit written requests to the Agency for a one-year supply of Forms IAP-66, and allow four to six weeks for the distribution of these forms. The Agency has the discretion to determine the number of Forms IAP-66 to be sent to a sponsor. The Agency will take into consideration the current size of the program and the projected expansion of the program in the coming 12 months. If requested, the Agency will consult with the responsible officer prior to determining the number of Forms IAP-66 to be sent to the sponsor. Additional forms may be requested later in the year if needed by the sponsor.
(b) Verification. Prior to issuing Form IAP-66, verify that the exchange visitor:
(1) Is eligible, qualified, and accepted for the program in which he or she will be participating;
(2) Possesses adequate financial resources to complete his or her program; and
(3) Possesses adequate financial resources to support any accompanying dependents.
(c) Issuance of Form IAP-66. Issue the Form IAP-66 only so as to:
(1) Facilitate the entry of a new participant of the exchange visitor program;
(2) Extend the stay of an exchange visitor;
(3) Facilitate program transfer;
(4) Replace a lost or stolen Form IAP-66;
(5) Facilitate entry of an exchange visitor's alien spouse or minor unmarried children into the United States separately;
(6) Facilitate re-entry of an exchange visitor who is traveling outside the United States during the program;
(7) Facilitate a change of category when permitted by the Agency; and
8) Update information when significant changes take place in regard to the exchange visitor's program, such as a substantial change in funding or in the location where the program will take place.
(d) Safeguards. (1) Store Forms IAP-66 securely to prevent unauthorized use;
(2) Prohibit transfer of any blank Form IAP-66 to another sponsor or other person unless authorized in writing (by letter or facsimile) by the Agency to do so;
(3) Notify the Agency promptly by telephone (confirmed promptly in writing) or facsimile of the document number of any completed Form IAP-66 that is presumed lost or stolen or any blank Form IAP-66 lost or stolen; and
(4) Forward the completed Form IAP-66 only to an exchange visitor, either directly or via an employee, officer, or agent of the sponsor, or to an individual designated by the exchange visitor.
(e) Accounting. (1) Maintain a record of all Forms IAP-66 received and/or issued by the sponsor;
(2) Destroy damaged and unusable Form IAP-66 on the sponsor's premises after making a record of such forms (e.g. forms with errors or forms damaged by a printer); and
(3) Request exchange visitors and prospective exchange visitors to return any unused Form IAP-66 sent to them and make a record of Forms IAP-66 which are returned to the sponsor and destroy them on the sponsor's premises.